Motorola launched their latest phone i.e. Moto G5 Plus. The phone has met our expectations and has turned out to be a much better phone that Moto G (Fourth Generation). The phone has 2 variants which are priced at Rs. 14,999 and Rs. 16,999 respectively. This pricing is slightly over my budget. So I had skipped the plan of buying it.
Some days back, I saw that Flipkart would be having Electronics Sale from 22nd March to 24th March. I was quite excited cause I knew Moto G5 Plus would definitely come with some good discount or the other. When I looked into the terms and conditions that Flipkart has imposed for buying the phone, I felt kind of duped. Now I will share why.
Why I had a tough time buying Moto G5 Plus from Flipkart today?
– No exchange for my old phone
Of course they have mentioned that there is an exchange offer of up to Rs. 13,500. I use Lenovo K6 Power. I bought this phone in December from Flipkart. Despite of this phone being a new phone, there is no sign of this phone being listed in the list.
– Axis Bank Buzz Credit Card/ SBI Credit card
I am a student and I don’t own a credit card. Previously, when I had bought something for 10% cashback, it was a Debit Card offer. But now I don’t have that option. Neither can I exchange my old phone. Had I been able to use my Debit card and exchange my old phone, the price withstanding would be around Rs. 10,000.
I was automatically signed up for this offer. Which means, you are eligible for Flipkart BuyBack even if you buy the phone. If you don’t know what Flipkart BuyBack means, I will break it down in simple words for you. Flipkart will buyback a certain product at a particular price with a specific time with some terms and conditions fulfilled. For Moto G5 Plus the price is Rs. 6,000, the time is 180 days (6 months) to 240 days (8 months). The conditions for the fulfillment are as follows :
- The following phone that you purchase from Flipkart has to be of a price higher than the BuyBack price of Rs. 6,000.
- The BuyBack offer is valid only between 6 to 8 months of buying the phone.
- The Moto G5 Plus should be in a proper working condition as well as the screen kept intact when returned.
- The box and box contents should be properly kept if BuyBack is desired.
- You can also exchange the phone from Flipkart after 8 months, but then the refund charges would be different and according to the usual charges.
These were the reason why I has a tough time buying Moto G5 Plus from Flipkart today. Which reading this post did you think, been there done that? Even if you thought it once, so let me know in the comments below. Also, share the post with your friend to help me spread the word.